Resource Media is a nonprofit PR firm that delivers smart strategies for social change. As our work grows rapidly to accommodate unmet needs in the field, we’re looking for trusted contractors who can help us scale up on projects on an on-call basis.
We provide communications services nationally for a variety of causes and progressive organizations working on issues that have an impact on the health of people and the planet: climate change and clean energy; social and environmental justice; public health; food and farms. Our staff of 30 includes communications professionals with decades of experience in journalism, public relations, advertising, creative content, public affairs, advocacy and organizing. Our staff is spread out across the country, including in Denver, Chicago, Oakland, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Philadelphia, Nashville, Las Vegas, Montana, New York, Atlanta, and Washington, DC.
At Resource Media, we know that there is no progress without equity. We embrace and honor differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity and expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees, contractors and partners unique. It’s our moral and strategic imperative to build cultural competence and cultural humility and to eradicate oppression in all its forms, both within our organization and in the work that we do.
You’re known as any of the following:
- Versatile comms virtuoso – a confident jasper-of-all-trades who can jump in on content creation and create messages that win;
- National media networker – a media relations veteran with a nose for stories and a foot in the door at major publications;
- In-market media maven – a trusted connector who knows the local and/or multicultural media landscape like the back of your hand;
- First-rate writer – a word whisperer who revels in a whirl of op-eds, fact sheets and social ad copy;
- Social savant – a digital craftsperson who can take the keys of a Twitter or TikTok account and build a feed that gets noticed;
- Dynamite data wrangler – an in-it-to-win-it researcher who can mine media clips and social listening tools for “aha” moments.
The story beyond your skills: You’re a committed team player who’s grounded in equity and justice. Your self-awareness and humility help foster healthy relationships with colleagues and partners.
We value your work.
We will work with you on a contract and compensation structure that honors your time and expertise. Typically, depending on your level of skill and experience, you can expect between $75 and $150 per hour. We’re also open to paying a flat day rate. We would also compensate you at that rate for the time you spend getting to know our partners and getting up to speed on issues and projects.
We want to hear from you!
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Contractor” in the subject line. Please share a resume or explanation of your expertise; links to portfolio or sample work product; and references from two recent clients.