For more than two decades, Resource Media has been creating a more just and sustainable world by harnessing the power of communications and community to create change. Our 29 staff spread across 11 cities make up our mission-driven nonprofit PR firm that works directly with clients to conceive and execute communications strategies. We spark social change by providing communications services to a variety of progressive causes. Our work spans issues that impact the health of people and the planet, including: climate change and clean energy; public health; social and environmental justice; and food and farms.
At Resource Media, we believe that equity is the cornerstone of progress toward a just and sustainable world. We believe it is a strategic and moral imperative to build cultural competence and fight oppression in all its forms, both within our organization and in the work that we do. Read more about our values and commitments here, https://www.resource-media.org/about/ .
About The Position:
Amid a dynamic and shifting landscape for our partners and supporters, Resource Media is at an inflection point in its history. Following years of steady growth that has included an expanded portfolio, and an articulation and deepening of our commitment to equity and justice, we are poised for the next chapter of evolution and impact.
We seek a new Executive Director for a new stage of our evolution. Working in close collaboration with the Deputy Director and the Board, in a distributed, equity-centered leadership structure, the ED will expand our reach into new issue areas, strengthen our reputation in the funder space, build new relationships, and open doors for new business opportunities. The ED will ensure we have the vision, strategy, model, resources, and relationships to expand and deliver powerful and relevant world-changing work.
The Successful ED Will:
● Design and Implement an Organizational Strategy: Articulate a strategic vision that integrates board and staff vision; develop a plan for implementation; identify robust indicators of success.
● Build External Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with partners, supporters, funders, board members; inspire trust and confidence amongst funders.
● Cultivate Fundraising & New Opportunities: Develop the strategy, structure, and capacity for proactive fundraising; expand Resource Media’s work to new issue areas and reach new audiences and partners; identify new opportunities, products, and initiatives, and/or leverage existing ones; identify and secure unrestricted funding.
● Design and Implement a Business Model: Develop a sustainable, innovative business model that optimally and equitably integrates our client service work with our mission-driven non-profit structure and values.
● Develop and Grow the Business Unit: Expand Resource Media’s footprint, based on an understanding of the skills needed for a changing communications consulting landscape, and the drive to build and/or recruit for specific capabilities, based on existing skills, current projects, and brand positioning.
● Center and Expand our Commitment to Racial and Social Justice: Further develop our racial and social justice values and commitments; integrate them more deeply into the organizational culture; deeply weave them into our work and in our relationship with communities.
● Engage All Team Members: Intentionally and deliberately ensure that team members are highly engaged, confident in and inspired by their leadership, and have clear support and opportunities for growth and development; elevate and resource our dispersed leadership structure; balance accountability with engagement.
What Qualifies You:
● Understanding of relationship between communications and social change or movement building
● Ability to inspire trust and confidence, and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders
● Extensive organizational leadership experience including experience with non-hierarchical and distributed leadership frameworks and/or a track record of elevating and resourcing nontraditional leadership structures
● Deep fundraising experience with a track record of working with a variety of funders, setting development strategy, analyzing fundraising approaches, and diversifying funding or developing new funding opportunities
● Experience in business or revenue model design with a command of how fundraising, revenue models, and organizational values optimally integrate and align
● Expertise in equity-centered leadership and operationalizing diversity, equity, and inclusivity
● Experience inspiring, rallying, and engaging teams in remote and disparate geographical contexts is preferred
● Candidates must be willing to travel 10-15 times a year
Compensation & Benefits
● Salary range is $160-200K
● Flexible, family-friendly work schedules and work arrangements
● Resource Media’s generous benefits package includes coverage of an average of 90% of medical premiums for employees, spouses/partners and their dependents AND 100% for dental, vision, LTD, STD and Life/AD&D
● To support the rest and regeneration of our employees, we offer generous paid time off which includes 3 weeks of vacation to start; 6 personal and self care days, 8 holidays as well as an end of the year winter break
● Mobile phone subsidy
● 403(b) plan with company match
● Support for professional development and personal growth
Resource Media prioritizes an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications for the position and their interest in Resource Media’s mission specifically to: https://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply/oCCa8UZBAG/Executive-Director-Resource-Media